Saturday, July 28, 2007

Orange Rolls

Orange Rolls
If you want some seriously sweet orange rolls, you need to try this recipe.
It's very easy and, I must say, better than any other orange roll I've tried.
Ingredients:
12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls,
thawed but still cold (for abt an hr.)
1 orange rind, grated
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
citrus glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp. butter, melted
3 tbsps. orange juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix grated orange rind with sugar. Roll each roll into a 9-inch rope. Tie in a loose knot. Roll each knot in melted butter and then in rind/sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray and let rise until double in size (usually abt 1 1/2 to 2 hrs). Remove wrap. Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes (varies with oven, I only cook them for 10 mins). Remove from baking sheet and place on cooling rack. Brush with citrus glaze while still warm.

And enjoy!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks Ashley. I love orange rolls and am always looking for a trusted recipe. I will be trying them soon.

Holly said...

Oooh! I love orange rolls and haven't had them forever. Thanks for the recipe, my mouth is watering.