Thursday, July 19, 2007

LADYBUG COOKIES


We made these cookies for Anna's birthday party and a couple of people have asked for the recipe so here it is . . .

I love this sugar cookie recipe. It is so yummy.
Cream: 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, and 4 eggs
Add: 1 tsp. almond extract, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1 cup sour cream
Sift : 1 tsp. backing powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt, and 5-6 cups flour

Refrigerate overnight
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes

(My dough is still kind of sticky when I put it in the fridge. Then when I take it out of the fridge and roll out the dough with flour it seems like the dough ends up just perfect!)

We made 2 circles: one for the body and then we cut the other one in half for the wings. We frosted one brown and once red. Then we put black m&m's on the red cookie and then put it on top of the brown cookie. We then put a bite size Oreo for the head with licorice string for the antennas.

The kids loved making these. Happy Cookie making!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Holly said...

Too cute! Annika loves buzzing like bugs so she will love this. Truthfully, I just hope she'll focus on what it is before she attacks.

Clawson Family said...

Those are such cute cookies, I will definitely have to try them out! I also love your cakes, do you use molds? What's your secret, Melissa?

Ashley said...

Those are adorable! I would love to have a bug party for Olivia next year, that is if she isn't so scared of them:) She freaks out if a fly lands on her! I'm afraid I must've created this monster...

Melissa said...

Yes, I use molds. I am not that creative! Williams Sonoma has the cutest cake pans.

The Jesperson Family said...

These are seriously cute. I can't wait to try these.

Andrea said...

Those are so cute - I'll definitely have to try them for Haley's birthday. How fun - you are so creative!