Monday, June 4, 2007

Rosemary, Garlic, and Lemon Marinade

I've been taking advantage of the fresh herbs I'm growing. I grilled the chicken and it was delicious and summery. This was really easy.

For 3 large chicken breasts:
(This is all approximate - there is a lot of room to play)
4 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
4 cloves garlic, minced
1+tsp lemon zest
juice of 1/3 small lemon
salt
olive oil

Mix it all up and rub into chicken, let marinate for however long you want. This is not a sauce-like marinade. I put the chicken in a ziploc bag so I could really rub it in. I also sliced the chicken in half, maybe halfway through, and rubbed some into the inside. I wound up separating the "halves" on the grill because I had cut a little too far, so whatever works for you if you want the extra flavor. This is very flavorful and I recommend not charring it, the flavor was best on the less browned pieces.

3 comments:

The Jesperson Family said...

This sounds yummy too. I have been on such a rosemary kick lately. I am going to put this on our menu for this week. I'll let you know what I think. =)

PS--I love the pictures you put up. Adds some nice color.

Holly said...

Thanks - I didn't think of the photos till after we ate, hence the scraped cookie bowl. I think comments/critiques/adjustments would be a great way to make this blog more useful. I'd love to hear of better or different variations on things I like!

The Jesperson Family said...

Holly, we tried this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious!! I don't know why but something about rosemary just screams summer to me. We all loved it.

For everyone, I didn't have a grill, so I just broiled the chicken and it tasted great. Also, I cut the left over chicken up and made a spinach salad with it. It was very tastey!!