Monday, June 4, 2007

Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing

This is a delicious light salad dressing and I would recommend doing it with at least 75% water. You'll have to mix the dressing well and toss it while you eat but it is so worth it. I should also add that this is addicting and you will be able to eat a lot of it.

2 tsps salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 sugar
1/2 cup oil or 1/2 cup water or combination of the two

Combine and chill

How I prepare the salad to go with it:
torn lettuce
toasted sesame seeds
toasted almonds (chopped or slivered)
shredded chicken ( I bake it with salt and pepper)
thinly sliced scallions
maifun (chinese rice sticks) This is delicious and definitely adds to the salad but we usually skip it, it makes it fancy for company though.

3 comments:

The Jesperson Family said...

Holly, this sounds yummy. So if you use 75% water, is that 75% of the 1/2 cup of oil instead of using a whole 1/2 cup of oil?

The Jesperson Family said...

opps, I mean 1/2 cup of water.

Holly said...

I would do maybe 1/8 cup oil and the rest water, but I think just about any combo would work. The last two times I made it I did a full 1/2 cup water and (the 2nd time) mostly water with maybe a tablespoon or two of oil. It should be delicious any way you so it (Full oil might be kind of rich - it has been a long time).