Saturday, June 9, 2007

Flower Cupcakes


I made these cupcakes for Olivia's 2nd birthday and thought they turned out pretty cool. I always see cute cupcake ideas and they usually turn out terrible when I attempt to make them. These work perfectly with my motto, "the easier, the better." The flower petals are made by cutting marshmallows into thirds and the center of the flower is an M&M. If the marshmallow flattens out, you can pinch the sides and it should help. I bought the spring color M&Ms at a local party store (Zurchers)

7 comments:

The Jesperson Family said...

These are super cute Ashley! I am going to save this idea for sure.

Clawson Family said...

Ashley I also made those for Arli's party, they were much easier than I thought they would be! But yours look so much cuter than mine did!

Thompson Family said...

Those are so cute I am going to use those for Anna's party. Thanks for the great idea! I didn't know that all of you like to cook so much. I love seeing all of your great recipes!

Ashley said...

Hey thanks guys! Lisa, I'm not so sure mine looked better. You should've seen the other half dozen or so Olivia attacked before I knew what was happening. Let's just say I cried :)

Kendra Meyers said...

Those are so cute!!! I don't get it though, did you just make normal cupcakes and then frost them and then do the flower part?

Holly said...

Too cute! Sorry about Olivia - kids an be such stinkers.

Ashley said...

Kendra, they are normal cupcakes frosted with whatever frosting you want. Then you cut the marshmallows and add the m&m. I did choc. cupcakes and cream cheese frosting. I used food coloring to make the frosting pink.