Thursday, September 27, 2007

Easy Pita Pizzas



I posted this on My 90 Day Plan, but thought I would post it here too.

I made these for lunch the other day and they were delicious!! I made mine veggie, but you could easily do it with the toppings of your choice, pepporoni, cheese, BBQ chicken (just substitute BBQ sauce for tomato sauce), the sky is the limit with these.

1 whole wheat Pita
2 TBS tomato sauce
1/3 cup grated cheese (divided)
Toppings of choice

Spread the tomato sauce over the pita and sprinkle half of the cheese over the sauce. Place toppings of choice, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and pop in the oven until heated (5-10 minutes). I actualy put mine in the microwave and it tasted great, but I'm sure the oven would make it a little more crispy. For the veggie pizza pictured above, I layered spinach, tomato slices, green peppers and onions. YUM!! (and for any of you counting calories, it was only about 320 calories!)

I'd love to hear about some of the creations you might have.

No comments: