Monday, October 8, 2007

The Best Salad Dressing

The best salad dressing I have ever had is from The French Poodle Restaurant in Carmel, CA. There phone number is 831.624.8643, and they will ship it to you! The vinaigrette comes in a wine bottle, and costs $11 a bottle before shipping. Shipping brings the price closer to $13-$18, but it is worth every single penny. The dressing keeps well and makes a lot of salads. This also makes a fantastic gift when you need to give something unique and special, but don't want to spend too much.

My favorite salad with this dressing is julienned/matchstick carrots, pine nuts, and red leaf or baby romaine lettuce and spinach. We are so addicted to this dressing that I order 6 bottles at a time, because I also use it as a dip for carrots! 6 bottles lasts us a year and a half, but most people would probably be fine with 2 or 3.

The dressing separates, so I like to pour some into a smaller container and refill it as needed. This makes shaking much easier.

This is just too good not to share, I hope someone tries and enjoys it!

No comments: