Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Zuchini and Corn

This is one of my favorite dishes this summer. It is quick and easy, I usually prep as I saute. It is a very good way to use up excessive amounts of zucchini without groaning, I actually look forward to making this. It is one of those "throw in a little of this and a little of that" recipes, no strict guidelines. I've only made this with fresh ingredients because I have easy access to all of it. I'm sure it would still be good with dried herbs, just add them earlier.

2 zucchini (smaller taste better), sliced thin. If it is a larger zucchini, cut in half before slicing
3 ears corn, kernels cut off
1 tomato, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
oregano and thyme (fresh), minced. Roughly a tablespoon of each
olive oil
salt

Pour 2 tsp of olive oil into large saute pan and heat. When warm, add zucchini and some salt. A minute or so later add 2/3 of the corn. After a couple of minutes add 1/2 of the garlic, half of the herbs, and the tomato and toss together. When all the veggies look cooked add remaining corn, garlic, and herbs. Salt to taste.

3 comments:

The Jesperson Family said...

Holly, made this tonight and we gobbled it all up. It was delicious! Even Matt's picky brothers loved it.

I also took it to a supper club in my ward and a friend of mine had seen it on our blog and had already made it twice. She said her family loved it, especially with the fresh veggies from their garden. She was also very impressed with your photography skills! I told her that you were one of my most talented friends. =) Thanks again for another great recipe.

Holly said...

I'm so glad you like it as much as we do! It is always nice to find an easy, healthy dish.

Thanks for the compliment. I think we all have our favorite things and it is fun to be able to get ideas and learn from everyone. We love your California chicken and I just wish we lived nearby so that you could be our Kindermusik teacher!

The Jesperson Family said...

Another comment, I had the left overs for dinner tonight and added black beans to make it more substantial and it was delicous!