Saturday, August 25, 2007

Spinach Smoothie

I got this picture and recipe from my friend Becky. I was skeptical at first, but she made me one and they're actually good and very healthy, as spinach is a superfood! I thought this was a great way to get Olivia to eat her vegies too.


1 C. orange juice

2 C. fresh spinach (not the frozen kind)

1 C. fresh kale (cut out the thick center stem)

Blend until smooth, and runny, and nasty green.


Then add:1/2 a banana

1/4 C. frozen raspberries

1/4 C. frozen blueberries

Blend again and then add ICE while blending!

6 comments:

Holly said...

I saw her post and was curious, thanks for putting the recipe over here!

Clawson Family said...

Thanks Ashley I also saw this recipe on Rebecca's blog. It doesn't look good but it sounds like it might be! And it's so healthy!

Clawson Family said...

We made this recipe this morning and it was delicious!!! Arli loved it too!

The Jesperson Family said...

Yum, I'll have to try this one!

Melissa said...

I would just like to say that I can't believe that these are good! A friend of mine from Louisiana made these and told me that I really needed to try it. So I made them and the girls LOVED them! I think that I will be making these all of the time!

The Jesperson Family said...

I tried these out this morning and WOW!! They are delicious. I could definitely have one of these every day. We didn't have any Kale, so I just used Spinach and it was delicious. Tanner loved it too, thank you Ashley for posting this.