Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Freezing Bananas

We made Andrea's Banana cookies on a whim today and it made me grateful for the following thing we do. We love banana bread, but hate to wait for a bunch of bananas to turn brown. To solve this I peel and freeze any extra-ripe bananas that aren't being eaten. Sometimes I intentionally buy too many to add to our freezer supply. Then, whenever we want to make any banana baked goods we just defrost what we need. Everything we make actually turns out extra good and extra moist.

5 comments:

The Jesperson Family said...

Frozen bananas work great in smoothies too.

You can also blend up frozen bananas (just defrost them a little or they'll tear up your blender), to make a delcious banana sorbet. They are creamy enough on their own that you don't have to add anything else to it. I got this off a website somewhere, but I can't remember where. But it is yummy!

Andrea said...

That's such a good idea...I'll have to try that - though most of our bananas go brown really quick because Connor insists on buying them at the store but refuses to ever eat them at home.

Ashley said...

Thanks for the nice tip. Did you like the cookies? I love them.

Holly said...

The cookies were really good. I made myself sick eating too many too fast!

mandi said...

Thanks for the recipe!! It made for a great lunch!!