Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Broccoli Chicken Cheese Soup

My friend Jaclyn gave me this recipe. Just in time for winter soup season!!

Serves ten to twelve

3 cups water with 1 chicken bullion
5 skinless chicken breasts
3 large carrots (diced)
3 stalks celery (diced)
1 medium onion (diced)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1 quart whole milk
1 1/2 lb. fresh broccoli (pre-cooked and drained and chopped)
15 oz. Cheese Whiz

Boil chicken in water with bullion, carrots, celery, and onion for one hour. Remove chicken and vegetables. Save 2 cups of broth. Set chicken aside to cool and cut into pieces to be added later. In a large pot,melt butter and stir in flour. Slowly add milk and 2 cups saved broth. Add vegetables, chicken, and precooked broccoli. Heat all together and then add cheese whiz. Salt and pepper to taste.


{image via gettyimages}

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray for you for posting!

j e s s i e said...

I made this for dinner tonight and it is SO good... and easy too. I made it with 1% milk and thought it was still delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Kendra Meyers said...

I'd have never thought Cheez Whiz could make a soup so yummy! I just made this soup and I love it! I don't know if can wait until dinner to eat this...