Sunday, January 27, 2008

Salsa

Here is the Salsa recipe that I have been meaning to email a couple of you. Sorry it took so long. It is so easy. Just be prepared to receive this every Christmas even if you start to make it yourself! If you have any questions let me know!

1 #10 (about 102 oz.)can stewed tomatoes

1 7 3/4 oz. can El Pato sauce (yellow can)- found in the hispanic section of grocer

1 4 oz can diced green chilies

5 bunches of fresh chopped green onions

1 bunch of cilantro- chopped

Sprinkle garlic salt and cracked pepper over the top, to taste.

I put all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Then pour the garlic salt and pepper over the top, just enough to create a layer on top. Then I blend about 3 cups at a time to get a good consistency.

Posted by Picasa



8 comments:

Kendra Meyers said...

Melissa, I'm so glad you posted this recipe--I fell in love with this salsa on Christmas when Ben brought us some. In fact, just three days ago Ashley, Andrea, Lisa, and I were saying how much we loved your salsa and that we needed the recipe. I can't wait to make this, thanks for posting.

The Jesperson Family said...

YEAH! I am so glad you posted this! I am tempted to go make some right now...YUM!

The Jesperson Family said...

What type of stewed tomatoes? What brand did you use?

Ashley said...

Melissa, you ROCK! I am so excited you posted this because your salsa was SO GOOD! I ate it way too fast. Thank you, thank you!!!

Melissa said...

I just use the Hunt's diced tomatoes.
Just so you know the El Pato at the bottom of the can it says "salsa de Chile Fresco" and on the other side it says "Tomato Sauce". But all the cans are the same thing. I could only find the El Pato sauce at Walmart but Kendra found it at Macey's. Good Luck!

Kendra Meyers said...

After two phone calls to Melissa, one to Mary, and three trips to the store, I finally got this salsa made. It's not very hard to make, I'm just kind of a cooking dork. It turned out to be delicious (not as good as Melissa's though) and was a great treat for the Super bowl.

Holly said...

This was obviously a hit, I'm excited to try it!

But 102 oz of tomatoes? This must be some really good salsa :)

Thompson Family said...

Just so you know that recipe ends up making about 13 cups. So I 1/2 the recipe. My friend makes it and freezes it and said that it still tastes great.