Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Mom's Sugar Cookies



I think some of you have this, but a friend requested it so I thought I would post it here. These are our absolute favorite sugar cookies!


Cream together:
1 1/2 c. butter (I usually beat this first)
1 1/2 c. sugar

Beat till light and fluffy

add:
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla

Beat till very light and fluffy then add 2 tbsp. milk or cream

Sift together and add:
4 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Chill dough at least 1 hour

Roll out and cut out. Do not roll them too thin or they will be crispy

Bake at 375 degrees, roughly 8-10 minutes

UNDER COOK SLIGHTLY!! If the edges start to brown take them out and get them on a cooling rack!

Frosting:

Cream together:
Roughly 1/2-3/4 cup salted butter
1/2 cube (4 oz) cream cheese

Beat in powdered sugar till it is sweet enough
Then add 1 tsp or so of vanilla and milk or cream till the consistency is spreadable

Frost and Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jillian Martinez said...

Thank you! I can’t wait to make them!